The Office System has the ability to Track as well as Report on Employee Hours worked throughout the Club. In this manual, we will review various aspects of the Office Timekeeping System including Clocking In, Clocking Out, and End of Shift Processes.
A new Employee will be Clocking In for the first time.
Please Note: Job Codes must be assigned to any Employee who will be clocking in/out at the POS. It is the responsibility of Club Administrators/Managers to assign these Job Codes appropriately to their Employees. For more information on Job Codes, please review our Job Codes Manual.
To Clock In:
- Click on the POS Icon.
- A Clubessential logo will display (moving around the screen), click anywhere on the screen to access the user login prompt. Enter your Employee Swipe ID (this is assigned within the Employee’s Profile). Please review our Manage Employees Manual for more information.
- An additional screen will display prompting the user to select the applicable Job Code.
Please Note: If the user only has only one Job Code assigned to their Employee Profile, the system will display: You have successfully logged in.
Clocking Out and Ending a Shift are different features in the Office system.
An employee must Clock In at the beginning of their shift. Any breaks, lunches, etc., are to be recorded by Clocking Out (NOT ending the shift). To complete the shift worked, the employee must Clock Out AND End the Shift, after all tickets have been closed. Ending a Shift is covered in the last section of this document.
Please Note: An employee’s timesheet will reflect all instances of when an employee clocked in and out during their shift.
Clocking Out for Breaks
Employees have the ability to clock-out for breaks without ending their shift. However, before an employee can clock out the Tickets screen must be blank, reflecting that the employee has no open tickets.
Employees have 2 options when clocking out for break.
1) Select Clock Out on the main POS screen.
a. The system will prompt, Would you like to end your shift? Select No.
2) Select Options on the main POS screen.
a. Select Clock Out and hit Done.
The above options will clock the user out but NOT end their shift - meaning, the employee can clock back in and continue working on the same shift.
- When clocking back in after a break, it is important to remember to clock-in under the SAME Job Code that started the Shift.
- For example, if I began my shift under the Food & Beverage Management Job Code and I clocked out for lunch, when I clock back in I need to select the Food & Beverage Job Code again for timekeeping to report properly.
End of Shift Processes
Before an employee Ends their Shift, the Tickets screen must be blank, reflecting that the employee has no open tickets. An employee must close all tickets before Ending the Shift.
End of Shift Report
Once the Tickets display is blank, reflecting no open tickets, an End of Shift Report can be printed. This report is usually run before the Shift is ended, and will display all sales and transactions completed during the employee’s “Shift” regardless of how many times they clocked in and out during their shift. This report can be printed as many times as the user wants, at any time. In addition, the system also keeps an archive of past End of Shift Reports for the user to access and print at any time.
To print an End of Shift Report:
1) Select Options on the main POS screen.
2) Verify that the most current Shift is reflected (The system will default to the latest Shift) and select Print Summary.
3) A Print Preview will display showing how the report will look when printed, and the Ticket Device the report will print to. Select Print to continue printing.
4) As previously mentioned, the system keeps an archive of past End of Shift Reports for the user to access and print at any time. To print a past End of Shift Report simply select the appropriate shift in the Shift drop down and select Print Summary.
Ending the Shift
The Office System requires all tickets to be closed and an End Shift completed. This is the preferred method to ending a shift. Different operations have different end of shift expectations before an employee can leave; follow the policies and procedures as advised by the Club.
Please Note: An employee cannot end their shift without clocking out as well.
To End a Shift:
1) Select Options on the main POS screen.
2) Review Options below, and perform when necessary. Once Options have been reviewed/performed (as needed), proceed to step 3 to End Shift.
When selected, the system will provide a report on total hours worked during the shift per Job Code. A Print Preview will also display when this option is selected. Select Print to continue printing the report.
Enter Tip Amounts
If you report cash tips for tax purposes, select this option and a prompt will display for the user to enter their cash tips. Click OK when finished. The tip amount will then display on the main Options screen.
Change Job Code
If you mistakenly logged into the wrong Job Code, select this option and a prompt will display asking the user to select the correct Job Code.
3) To End Shift, select the End Shift box. (Clock Out will automatically be selected). Then, choose Done. This officially ends the user’s Shift.
Job Codes must be assigned to any Employee who will be clocking in/out at the POS. It is the responsibility of Club Administrators/Managers to assign these Job Codes appropriately to their Employees. For more information on Job Codes, please review our Job Codes Manual.
Ensure that the Employee has the correct Job Codes associated with their Employee Profile before they proceed to Clock-In.
Both Clock Out options will clock the user out but NOT end their shift. Meaning that the employee can clock back in and continue working on the same shift.
When clocking back in after a break it is important to remember to clock-in under the SAME Job Code that started the Shift.
In order for an employee to Clock Out and/or End the Shift, all of their open tickets must be closed.
Q: My employee missed their Clock In/Clock out time, how can I adjust the hours?
A: Please reference the Managing Timekeeping documentation to Edit or Delete an existing Timesheet.
Q: My employee started their shift with a particular job code, and they need to finish the shift under a different job code, what do I do?
A: Ensure that the employee Clocks Out of the first job code, AND Ends the Shift. Then, have them Clock In again and select the different Job Code.
Q: My employee does not remember when/if they have clocked out.
A: The Shift Report can be reprinted at any time for any shift to review the Clock In and Clock Out records. With that report, these can be reviewed and adjusted accordingly. For more detail on adjustments, please see the Managing Timekeeping document.